Ferrara’s Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. is proud to announce that the dealership received a 2016 Trane Top Gun Award, one of the highest distinctions for Trane dealers. This honor is presented to Hunton Distribution’s top ten dealers in recognition of achieving the highest level of Trane equipment sales, both in retail and residential new construction.
The award was presented to Brannon Ferrara, Vice President and General Manager of Ferrara’s Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.
AC Repair Or Replacement: 5 Warning Signs You May Need A New Air Conditioner
You may think of your Lufkin, TX air conditioner as “old faithful”—always there when you need it. However, sooner or later, it will succumb to the ravages of age and need to be replaced. AC repair will only get you so far, and then you will need to think about a replacement. Check out the signs below to determine whether air conditioner repair or replacement is the best option for you.
1) The age factor—if your system is older than 15 years, you may want to consider replacing it. The unit may last longer, but will slowly become less efficient and begin to cost you more money than a replacement would in the long term.
2) Increased cooling costs—many issues can cause your heating bill to spike, so AC repair might be a better option than replacement. A sudden difference compared to the past few years might indicate it is time to look into a new air conditioning unit.
3) Frequent AC repairs—if you’ve had your unit repaired frequently during the last two years, it may be time. The last two years of an air conditioner’s life tend to have the most repairs, and of course, the most repair bills. And again, once you start laying out money on repairs, a new AC unit starts to look more economical.
4) Strange sounds—air conditioners will make some noises as they run, but they shouldn’t rattle, pop, or bang excessively. This is a sign that your unit is nearing the end. In addition, if your blower turns off and on frequently and blows warm air, the air conditioner may need to be replaced.
5) The house is never comfortable—and resetting the thermostat doesn’t seem to help. Perhaps the thermostat is not working or perhaps the air conditioner is no longer distributing cool air properly throughout the entire house. Check the thermostat and if it is working correctly, you may need to consider replacing your AC unit.
Do the math: how many of these signs apply to your home? You may be able to get by on some simple air conditioner repairs. However, if you decide you need a new air conditioner, call a reputable heating and cooling company in Lufkin, TX.